ASAP® Workbooks are available for professional development and school leadership programs for K-12 educators. Each workbook consists of four chapters of study and activities, which can be broken out weekly or monthly, culminating with a project or presentation to be shared at a group learning event.
The ASAP Workbooks are aligned with the requirements of the 2015 Professional Standards for Educational Leaders and your state’s leadership standards.
Workbooks are delivered digitally through your online ASAP account, where you can download and print copies for distribution within your school district on an as-needed basis.
Buy Workbook titles individually or save 30% when you purchase the entire library.
Workbook: Creating a Learning Community
An effective leader leads the development and implementation of a vision for learning that is supported by the school community.
This workbook provides practical strategies to assist aspiring school leaders in creating a learning community. This includes shaping the school’s shared vision and facilitating committees that will support its implementation.
This workbook provides the rationale for creating a learning community and the benefits for the staff and students. In this course you will have an opportunity to:
- Consider how the role of school principal is crucial in creating and sustaining a learning community.
- Review the characteristics of a learning community.
- Identify the history of the vision in your district and school.
- Develop strategies for revisiting and revising the school’s goals and objectives, based on the school’s mission or vision statement.
- Use what you have learned to consider a school principal opportunity and make a decision based upon school goals and objectives.
￼This workbook is designed to help you emerge with a better understanding of the characteristics of a learning community and be prepared to lead your school community forward. You will participate in practical activities and reflections designed to assist you in the role of an aspiring school principal.